At FPC, many of our outreach ministries seek to empower children and families around Richmond through new and long-standing partnerships. This year, we encourage you to get involved with our partners serving children and families in the East End: Henry L. Marsh III Elementary School, Martin Luther King Middle School, and the Armstrong Leadership Program, which serves Armstrong High School. In addition to our recurring Outreach opportunities, we encourage you to contribute your time and talents to our valued partnerships in the East End. Contact Rev. Derek Starr Redwine to learn more about how you can participate.
Henry L. Marsh III Elementary School
Come be a part of our 20-year partnership in Church Hill. Opportunities start in October.
- Book Buddy (Kinder-2nd Grade), one-on-one reading
- Classroom or Library Assistant
- Math Buddy, one-on-one math assistance
- Accompanying students and teachers on field trips
- Hosting quarterly morning breakfasts (8:00 - 9:00am) for parents and students
- Assisting with quarterly café events for teachers and parents
- Helping with teacher appreciation events throughout the year
To learn more join us for an informal volunteer info session Sunday, September 18 @ 11:00am in the Chapel or at 6:00pm in the Recreation Room. New volunteers will need to attend a Zoom or in-person orientation in August or September. Sign up at tinyurl.com/CIS-orientation. Questions? Contact Tassie Madden at or 804-317-4368.
Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School
Volunteers are needed to strengthen this new partnership.
- Men on Duty: MLK is in need of male volunteers to support the staff and assist the students during class transitions. Monday - Friday from 8:00am – 3:00pm.
- Mentor/Lunch Buddies for 6th grade students, likely start in October.
Armstrong Leadership Program
This amazing program is run through Richmond Hill and is looking to grow. Mentor a student in 9th through 12th grade from Armstrong High School in Richmond's East End. Commitment is two hours a month with your mentee for at least a year. This is a transformative experience for both mentor and mentee! Questions? Contact Rev. Derek Starr Redwine or Carolyn Wright.