6th - 12th Grades
Here at FPC, we believe that God is at work in the lives of our youth and their families. We have designed a ministry that provides ways each of our young people can:
- Explore, encounter, and experience life in Christ
- Create authentic community, learning to love each other and grow in relationships
- Live out a mission, a life that matters, demonstrating the love of God through Christ
FPC Youth is passionate about engaging youth with the gospel through worship, music, education, small groups, service, fellowship, retreats, and mission trips.
Youth Weekly Update, 5/18/17:
Hello FPC Youth Ministry!
For those of you whom I haven't met, I'm Wilson Kennedy and I am the Interim Youth Director. I've been shown such a warm welcome by so many of you! Within this email you will find the summer event schedule, an opportunity to sign up last minute for summer trips, and a little information about what's going on this Sunday for our final Youth Group. Parents, please check with your student(s) to ensure that they have received this email. If they did not, please respond with their email address. If you received this email in error, please respond so that we can remove you from this list.
1. This Sunday night is our final Youth Group for the year! The Hettrick family is providing dinner. We'll meet in the fellowship hall at 5:30 for dinner then walk over to Mary Munford for games and a special dessert.... pick up will be at Mary Munford on Westmoreland at 7:30.
2. If you have not signed up for a summer trip, there are still a FEW spots left! ASP (rising 9th-completed 12th construction trip to West Virginia) is June 18-24, Massanetta Springs (rising 6th-completed 8th conference trip to Massanetta Springs, VA) is July 6-9, and Montreat (rising 9th-completed 12th conference trip to Montreat, NC) is July 16-22. If you would like to sign up, please respond to this email!
3. Behold! Here are our summer events!!! You will receive emails about each of these events when it is time to sign up. Parents, we will need chaperones for each of these events. If you are interested, please respond to this email.
- June 15: Hiking trip to Cold Mountain Trail, Amherst County (HS Youth only)
- June 29: Day trip to Sylvan Heights Bird Park, Scotland Neck, NC
- June 30: Mission Day at Food Bank of Central Virginia (1:00-4:00 p.m.)
- July 3: Peak Performance High Adventure Challenge (MS Youth only)
- July 31-August 3: VBS Jesus Light of the World Mission Week. Volunteer with our church VBS.
- August 5: DC United v. Toronto FC game at RFK Stadium in D.C.
- August 8: Richmond Flying Squirrels v. Portland Sea Dogs family night at the ballpark.
Look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!
Grateful for the ministry we share,
- ASP Waiver
- ASP Registration
- Massanetta Registration
- Massanetta Waiver
- Massanetta Scholarship Form
- Montreat Waiver
- Youth Ministry Registration Form
- Confirmation Dates & Information 2017
- Wilson Kennedy, Interim Youth Director
- Mary Park, Director of Christian Education
- Annie Franklin, Youth Ministry Intern
- Melissa Mintz, Youth Ministry Council Chair
- Leigh Perry, Administrative Assistant for Youth
We have set the dates for next summer's Appalachia Service Project mission trip, and want you to mark your calendars. The dates are June 18th-24th, 2017. We will spend the week in West Virginia doing home repair work for impoverished families, building relationships and making homes warmer, safer, and drier. We are always looking for parents to attend as work crew leaders, so consider taking this trip as a family. Also, there are 35 community service hours to be gained by coming.
This trip is open to those who will be rising 9th graders next summer up through graduated 12th graders.
If you or your son/daughter are already planning to attend, or have a strong interest in attending, let me know. The sooner I have a rough idea of our group size, the better!
Other Summer 2017 dates:
Massanetta Middle School Conference - July 6-9 (for rising 7th to graduated 8th)
Montreat High School Conference - July 16-22 (for rising 9th to graduated 12th)