Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church is committed to safe and authentic exploration of faith and life in exciting, fun, and creative ways.
All 6 - 12th graders are welcome as we try to understand and respond to God’s work in our lives. We are passionate about worship, music, service, education, small groups, fellowship, mission, and educational trips. If you’ve never been to a youth event, give it a try. Come and see what we’re all about!
Latest Youth news:
January 10, 2018
Wow, what is this feeling I feel outside? Is it HEAT? I'm so used to being cold that my body doesn't know what to do...anyway I hope you're thawing out from the oppressive cold of the last week!
Here are some important updates for Youth Ministry:
- As you know, Epic Night was postponed to February 2nd due to the icy weather last week. Below you will find the new sign-up for Epic Night on the 2nd. We will gather at the church at 5:00 for four square, pizza, and hang out. Then we will travel to Skate Nation for laser tag and ice skating, come back to the church for grog, then finish the night out with more four square, dessert, and a movie! Cost is $30 per person. Please sign up on the Sign Up Genius! Sign ups close at midnight tonight. ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c49aaab2aa4fe3-epic1
- Trip packets for ASP and Montreat are available for your viewing. They are attached here and here. Signups begin this Sunday at Youth Group! Please read the trip packet carefully if you are planning to attend. It outlines specific instructions on how to signup.
- We are still in need of several Youth Group hosts for the spring. Please sign up on this Sign Up Genius if you (or a group of you!) would like to assist in bringing Youth Group food: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c49aaab2aa4fe3-youth
- Likewise, we are in need of several Intermission hosts for the spring. Please sign up on this link to assist: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080845afaa2fa0fe3-high
- Attached is an updated Youth Ministry calendar with a few very minor changes. Please make the appropriate revisions in your personal calendars. The biggest change is that MS Breakfasts will resume on February 22!
- See you on Sunday for a great Youth Group at 5:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. We're going to watch a VERY interesting documentary clip and discuss it.
That's all for today!
Grateful this day for each of you
- Youth Group (grades 6-12)
- Sundays, 5:00-6:30 pm, Dinner and fellowship FPC Fellowship Hall - resumes Jan. 14
- Sunday School (grades 6-12)
- Sundays 9:45-10:45 am. (after the Open Door Service) Breakfast, fellowship, and Bible Study in the youth suite on lower level - resumes Jan. 7
- Small Groups (grades 6-12)
- High School Intermission: Every other Wednesday, 7:00-8:30 pm at Wilson’s house - resumes Jan. 17
- Middle School Breakfast: Every other Thursday, 7:15-8:00 am at Chic-Fil-A on Parham Road - resumes Feb. 22
- Youth Ministry Family Night (grades 6-12)
- Dinner, family fellowship, and fun experiences for the entire family on April 29.