Youth Ministry at First Presbyterian Church is committed to safe and authentic exploration of faith and life in exciting, fun, and creative ways.
All 6 - 12th graders are welcome as we try to understand and respond to God’s work in our lives. We are passionate about worship, music, service, education, small groups, fellowship, mission, and educational trips. If you’ve never been to a youth event, give it a try. Come and see what we’re all about!
Latest Youth news:
November 20, 2017
Dear Youth and Families,
Are you in 8th grade or the parent of an 8th grader? Are you older and always wanted to learn more about the Christian faith? Well, Confirmation is just the class for you.
Confirmation is an opportunity for Youth to take a deep dive into their faith, ask important questions, and discern what God is doing in the world. This Spring, Confirmation will begin on January 7 and conclude on May 13. There will be an informational meeting for all Confirmation parents and students on December 21 at 7:00 p.m. in the Rec Room. If you and your child are planning to be part of Confirmation, please attend this important meeting.
Confirmation is a four month process that will engage students in deep learning and conversation about the Christian faith. At the end, students will have the opportunity to join First Presbyterian Church as members but this is not a requirement of the class.
Have questions? Feel free to respond to this email. If not, I'll see you and your Confirmation student at 7:00 on the 21st.
Christmas Pageant - Would your Youth like to participate in the Christmas Pageant on December 3rd? Sign up here: https://fpcrichmond.wufoo.com/forms/q1prngnz1nd75f7/
Progressive Dinner Christmas Party - Mark your calendars for December 10 from 4:00-7:00. More details will be coming soon but this is the day and time for our Christmas Party Progressive Dinner. There will be a middle school and a high school track. Stay tuned!
Trip Dates - Here are the summer trip dates for Summer 2018:
- ASP--June 17-23 to West Virginia
- Montreat--July 15-21
- Sign ups will begin soon!
Christmas Eve - This year the church will candlelight at both Christmas Eve services. Youth families are invited to assist in the passing out of the candles at the 4:00 service. Reserved seating included! If this great family service opportunity interests your family, please respond to this email!
Chick-Fil-A - See all middle school students this Thursday morning at the Chick-Fil-A on Parham at 7:15 a.m. for breakfast.
Epic Night - Epic Night is still on the calendar for January 6.....more details to come....
See you soon!
Fall 2017 Schedule
- Youth Group (grades 6-12)
- Sundays, 5:00-6:30 pm, Dinner and fellowship FPC Fellowship Hall beginning September 10.
- Sunday School (grades 6-12)
- Sundays 9:45-10:45 am. (after the Open Door Service) Breakfast, fellowship, and Bible Study in the youth suite on lower level beginning September 17.
- Class Dinners (grades 6-12)
- Dinner and fellowship from 5:00-6:30 pm on October 1, November 5, March 4, and April 8 in high school and middle school homes.
- Small Groups (grades 6-12)
- High School Intermission: Every other Wednesday, 7:00-8:30 pm beginning September 12 at Wilson’s house.
- Middle School Breakfast: Every other Thursday, 7:15-8:00 am beginning September 28 at Chic-Fil-A on Parham Road.
- Youth Service Project (grades 6-12)
- Monday, October 10, 2017 (Columbus Day holiday) Project TBA
- Youth Ministry Family Night (grades 6-12)
- Dinner, family fellowship, and fun experiences for the entire family on October 29 and April 29.