Worship Band Leader
- Bible Verse: Romans 12:1-2, Micah 6:8
- Movies: The Godfather, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Empire Strikes Back, A Christmas Story
- Books: Where the Red Fern Grows, The Hobbit, The Old Man and the Sea, Cash: The Autobiography
- TV Shows: Seinfeld, Ted Lasso, The Office
- Podcasts: The Rewatchables, Films to Be Buried With, Drivetime Devotions
- Music: Anything that inspires, soothes, or makes me tap the steering wheel
- For fun I like to: Make music! But I also enjoy movies, sports, coaching little league, traveling with my family, riding around RVA on two wheels, or occasionally taking hacks at a golf ball.
I grew up in Roanoke, VA where my family attended Covenant Presbyterian Church. My sisters and I spent our Sundays in the front pew as our parents sang in the choir. When I wasn't playing sports, I was making guitar noises in garage bands. After high school, I attended William and Mary where I sometimes went to class, I played rugby as often as my knees would let me, and where I met the love of my life, India. We married a few years later as I pursued a career in telecom (with Sprint and later Ericsson) and she trained in medicine. We spent 6 years in Nashville (Go Titans!) before calling RVA home in 2009. We have a daughter, Audrey (14) and a son, Emmett (11) as well as two super-mutts, Penny and Dolly. All the while, I've kept my love of guitar and singing, and you just might catch me doing both around town. But the past 10 years or so, I have come to realize that both of those pursuits are best calibrated when pointed heavenward.