Inclement Weather Policy
Meetings and other events will generally follow closings as announced by the City of Richmond Public Schools. If Richmond public schools are closed for the entire day, FPC meetings and activities are canceled. If Richmond public schools are dismissed at or before 12:00 noon, FPC afternoon and evening activities are canceled.
The Church Office is generally open during normal business hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm M-F). If Richmond public schools are closed for the entire day, the office will open at 10:00 am. If Richmond public schools open late, the church office will open as usual. During severe conditions, the office should be called for recorded information on opening delays or early closings.
First Presbyterian Preschool shall follow the majority of independent schools (including: St. Catherine’s, St. Christopher’s, St. Michael’s, and Collegiate) in the area for closings due to inclement weather.
- If the majority of independent schools open 1 hour late, First Presbyterian will open on time.
- If the majority open 2 hours late, First Presbyterian will open at 10:00 a.m. with no early drop-off.
- If the majority of independent schools close early due to inclement weather, parents will be sent a text alert and email asking that their children be picked up as soon as possible.
- If the majority of independent schools remain closed for an extended period of time and the roads and, facility are cleared and safe, the Director may override the independent schools decision.
- If the majority of the independent schools open and the facility at First Presbyterian is unsafe, the school will remain closed.
- Parents and teachers will be notified of closings through text alerts, emails and postings on Channel 12 by 7:45 a.m. if possible.
- Parents and staff are reminded to use their best judgment when driving to First Presbyterian Preschool on a day of inclement weather.
It is not First Presbyterian's policy to make up days missed due to inclement weather or to use scheduled teacher work days as school days.