- Bible Verse: Luke 12:48b
- Movie: Ice Age (my grandkids watch it 12 times a day!)
- Books: Anthony Robinson, Transforming Congregational Culture
- TV Shows: The Voice, Blacklist
- Music: Jazz, rock, country, classical, pop (no hip hop!)
- For fun I like to: play golf
Catherine and I have 3 children, Philip, Leigh, and Sarah, all grown. We have four grandchildren: Stevie, Josephine, Sonny, and Eli. We have a home in Brevard, NC (near Asheville and Montreat!). I've been in the ministry for 37 years! I was born in Elizabeth City, NC and Catherine was born in Newport News, VA. All three of our children were born in Norfolk, VA!
This is my first interim pastor position and we love this church and Richmond! I'm a Duke fan (went to Duke Divinity School '76-'79). Something you wouldn't know about me? In 1976 I met Captain Truxton Midgette who delivered groceries to the Wright brothers' hangar when he was 10 years old! He also watched Neil Armstrong take the first step on the moon! Wow.