Worship is about God. At the center of our congregation's life is the weekly gathering for worship. In this gathering, we turn our attention away from ourselves, our schedules, our pet peeves. We turn our attention to the One who made us, who calls us, who watches over and guides us day by day. In worship, we bring ourselves into a place that frees us from self concern by turning our attention to the glory of God and the grace that carries us week after week. Sabbath-keeping is a weekly honoring of the truth about Who is in charge.
Worship is what happens when we become aware that we are in the presence of the living God. We come here to bring ourselves into the presence of the One who loved us first and who loves us most. It is our goal to honor God our Creator and Savior with our prayers, our praise, our music, our study of scripture, even our announcements. Weekly worship is the acknowledgment that we do not live by bread or work alone; we need the Sabbath reminder that God is in charge.
During the Summer, we have one combined worship service at 10:00 am in the Sanctuary.
Throughout the rest of the year, we have two worship services on Sunday:
- 9:00 - 9:45 am Open Door Worship in our Recreation Room
- Singing led by our Open Door band, scripture, sermon, prayer. Casual attire; coffee and pastries served.
- Children age 4 to first grade may go to Children's Worship or stay for the service.
- 11:00 am - 12:00 noon Worship in the Sanctuary
- Traditional music with choir and soloists, scripture, sermon, prayer.
- Children age 4 to first grade stay in the sanctuary for Time With Children, then may go to Children's Worship.
Please watch the video on this page to see what our services look and sound like.
Child care will be available for infants - 3 year olds and Children's Worship for 4 year olds - 1st graders.