- Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Movies: Love Actually, Love Story
- Books: The Great Gatsby, any Elin Hilderbrand or Jodi Picoult
- TV Shows: Parenthood, Gilmore Girls, and anything on HGTV
- Music: almost anything from 80s rock to Dave Matthews to current country
- For fun I like to: Run, take pictures, entertain and cook new dishes. I also like family vacations (my favorite spots are Disney World and Cape Cod) and day trips.
I grew up a small town called Bluefield, WV where I was blessed to receive the best that small town America had to offer. After graduating high school I left for Sweet Briar College where I spent an incredible four years. In those four years I learned a lot about who I was and by the time graduation rolled around I was pretty sure that my degree in international affairs was not indicative of what God had in store for my future.
While in college I met my husband Robert, then a student at Hampden-Sydney College. We were married three weeks after I graduated and moved to Richmond, where he had been living following his graduation the year prior. We were both working, had found a church home, bought a house, and were expecting our first son when I felt the call to Christian Education. I began seminary at what is now known as Union Presbyterian Seminary when my first son was two months old. When I was half way through the program we were thrown an unexpected twist and returned to my hometown. Ultimately I ended up serving a church as Director of Children and Youth there for seven years while I finished my M.A.C.E. degree. I also spent time as a preschool teacher while in Bluefield.
I have a passion for family-based ministry and enjoy the challenges of intergenerational ministry. I love discovering opportunities for families to come together and serve through missions.
Robert and I have three sons—Ethan, Davis, and Colin.