The mission of First Presbyterian Church is to inspire faith in Jesus Christ, nurture disciples of Jesus Christ and to serve the world God loves to the glory of God. Our vision is that FPC is a vibrant Christian community where all are welcome, follow Jesus Christ, respect one another, and are strengthened and inspired through worship, study, prayer, and service.
In order to accomplish this good work, we commit ourselves to be stewards of God’s generosity, and to commit our resources to the ministry of Christ in this place. Read more about stewardship here (PDF).
We offer multiple ways for you to give your tithes and offerings:
- Online: You may donate online directly.
- Scheduled bank pay: you can set up a regular schedule with your bank to mail a check to the church.
- Sunday morning offering: you can place your offering in the plate on Sunday mornings during the worship time.
- Mail: you can mail your offerings to the church office.
ANNUAL GIVING PLEDGE - Boundless Generosity
Please consider your Stewardship commitment to FPC for 2018 as your response to Christ’s call to give as we have received.
Thank you once again for your BOUNDLESS GENEROSITY!
The total dollars pledged for 2018 exceeds the total amount pledged in 2017! Now THAT’S exciting!
And that shows the positive energy and commitment of our members and the ministry of this church!
What does that mean for FPC?
In addition to our funding each year, we can fund our three NEW INITIATIVES:
AND we now donate cash from the offering plate on the first Sunday of the month…to help a specific need in our community!
What a wonderful way to help our neighbors… over and above our pledge gifts!
Stewardship is present in our lives every day!
The First Presbyterian Church Endowment Fund provides an important supplement to our annual stewardship effort and is designed to address special needs of FPC as they may arise.
The Endowment Fund provides a means for members to make a permanent gift to First Presbyterian Church, with the income being available annually to support the work of FPC on a perpetual basis. Gifts may be directed to the Endowment Fund with or without designation, or to any of the following funds.
- General Fund is utilized as directed by the Session.
- Horace A. Gray Fund income is distributed to the church annually for operational support.
- Llewellyn P. McCord Fund, established in memory of our beloved former assistant pastor, "Mac" McCord, is designated for the support of FPC youth activities.
- B. Richard Hill/Donald P. Whitley Fund and David F. Peters Fund were established by families and friends of the deceased to provide supplemental annual funding for local benevolent outreach programs as selected by the Mission Outreach Committee.
- Memorial Garden Fund provides maintenance for the memorial garden.
Making a gift to the Endowment Fund, even in a formal "planned giving" manner, is not just for those who have wealth or special financial expertise, but for anyone who with a generous spirit wants to make a gift while they are living or through a bequest under their will or that otherwise would take effect upon their death.
The general memorial fund receives gifts in memory of those who have died. Family members and friends may give a gift in honor of a loved one. The church uses these gifts for special projects. Inquiries about making a gift in memory of someone may be directed to Terrie Sears at 358-2383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Memorial Fund
This fund supports the music ministry of First Presbyterian Church for events and productions that require special instrumentalists, staging, rentals and props that exceed the funds available in the annual operating budget. Suzanne Riehl, our Minister of Music, will be happy to provide additional information about the music memorial fund. She may be reached at 358-2383 or email@example.com.