- Bible Verse: I Corinthians 4:1
- Movie: The Godfather
- Books: Ronald Heifetz, Leadership Without Easy Answers
- TV Shows: Madam Secretary, Columbo
- Music: Blue Grass, Classical, Sousa Marches
- For fun I like to: watch our birdfeeder and the VaTech Hokies
Ruthie and I have two grown children, three grandsons (who live here in Richmond) and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I grew up in Orlando, Florida “pre-Disney”. I met Ruthie while I was a graduate student and she a senior at Vanderbilt. We have been married for 40 years.
Although I have had pastorates in Tennessee, Missouri, and Pennsylvania, for 27 of my 39 years in the ministry I have served congregations in the Presbytery of the James, including 16 years with the Bon Air Church.
Something you wouldn’t know about me? I have floated the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.