Richmond Justice Initiative - "Loose Offerings" for June
Educate. Prevent. END.
This Sunday's Loose Offerings donations will benefit Richmond Justice Initiative, whose mission is to educate, equip, and mobilize communities with the tools needed to be a force in the global movement to end human trafficking.
Richmond Justice Initiative (RJI) is a non-profit, faith-based organization that works locally and nationally to eradicate human trafficking through education, equipping communities with not only awareness, but ways to take action and affect change.
They are committed to protecting at-risk youth by educating them about human trafficking through our award-winning Prevention Project® program, and further engage the community through speaking engagements, in-depth training, and prayer. RJI is wholly supported through the voluntary generosity of individuals, churches and businesses.
WHAT DOES RICHMOND JUSTICE INITIATIVE DO?
· Raise awareness about the local and global issue of human trafficking, which allows people to be a part of the solution.
· Educate communities by providing them with critical information about victims and perpetrators so they are able to identify suspicious activity and effectively report it.
· Create and implement prevention programs that will reach at-risk populations to help prevent them from being trafficked, and to equip them to be leaders in the movement to end human trafficking.
· Advocate for laws on a state and federal level that will stiffen the penalties of the perpetrators of human trafficking and provide safety and justice for victims.
· Partner with faith communities, to communicate God’s heart for justice and for victims of oppression, invoking the church to pray and to use their gifts and talents to help end human trafficking.
Every gift made directly impacts at-risk youth to prevent trafficking in their lives.