CARITAS at FPC
CARITAS (Latin for love of humankind) is a Richmond regional congregation-based organization whose mission is to help our most vulnerable neighbors break the cycles of homelessness and addiction to reclaim their dignity. During the week of December 9-16, FPC will host a group of mothers and children (infants-age 18) who will spend the nights in our recreation room.
Your participation is vital to making this outreach project a success.
- Dinner - Prepare, cook, and serve dinner for 30-40 guests (ideal for a Circle, small group, study group, class, families, etc.)
- Lunch Prep - Prepare bag lunches in the church kitchen
- Laundry - Wash guests' laundry (at home)
- Evening Visits - Visit with our guests in the early evening (talk, play games, read stories, do crafts, help with homework, have fun, etc.)
- Overnight - Spend the night, serve breakfast the next morning, and distribute bag lunches
- Set Up - Unload CARITAS truck, set up tables, chairs, and guest bedding supplies on December 9, 8:30am
- Take Down - Load CARITAS truck, take down tables and chairs, and clean up on December 16, 7:30am
Please contact Drake Watson if you have questions or need additional information. Your volunteer time is appreciated!